MAKING LUNCH THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY…EVERY SINGLE DAY!
While you may know us for our cheese and charcuterie, we are strong believers that lunch is the most important meal of the day and are consistently dreaming and scheming on how to make it even more divine. Our bread and butter (sorry the pun) is our daily sandwiches, hand-crafted using our incredible cheeses, meats, our favorite dips and spreads (From Esplette Aioli to Peach Jalapeño Jam) as well as local seasonal vegetables from our friends with farms nearby, all carefully layered onto 1/3 of a freshly baked baguette. We craft fresh salads and soups, and we love making custom cheese and charcuterie platters to satisfy any event and appetite, from lunch for a group of friends to a pre-dinner snack to a neighbored block part.
All are available in store, and for quick pickup to take away.
Here is a sneak peek at our menu…
SANDWICHES: We always offer our four favorite sandwiches, day in and day out, because, well, customers have been know to mutiny without them…. They are:
- The Bird (turkey galentine, smoked cheddar, fresh apples, roast tomato chutney, aioli and greens)
- The Giro (prosciutto di parma, mozzarella, olive oil, balsamic and arugula)
- The Spicy Frenchman (brie, butter, french ham and peach jalapeño jam)
- The Roma (olive tapenade, roast tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil and fresh greens)
Add to this a rotating selection of seasonal delights (in sandwich form), some featuring house roast beef, others with chevre, prosciutto and fig jam, and some with pastrami, calabrese, capicola or french ham. Oh yeah, and don’t forget about our daily grilled cheese…always different and always gooey, melting and delicious.
Check our social media feeds (or scroll to the bottom of this page!) after we open up each day to see what specials we’re offering.
SOUPS: Our soups are each freshly crafted by our team using hand made stock and as many local vegetables as we can find. A few of our current favorites (they are constantly rotating!):
- Creamy San Marzano Tomato, a Cured staple
- Black Bean and Pork
- Chicken Shitake and Onion
- Pinto Bean and Mole.
CHEESEMONGER CHOICE PLATES: Whether to nibble on in the shop as a light lunch or afternoon snack, or packed in a handy, picnic-friendly box to-go, our team can always craft you a customized cheese and charcuterie plate to enjoy at any hour of the day. We price them by weight and can curate the snack of your dreams, whatever those dreams may be on any given day. Just ask any of our mongers behind the cheese counter to help! Give us a few minutes and your day will be that much more delicious.
SALADS: Green salads, grain salads, pasta salads and tuna! A little lighter, brighter, but no less delicious… A few you’ll currently find in the shop:
- The Spring Shaved Salad: oxford gardens mizuna, shaved fennel, shaved carrots, pickled watermelon radish, essex feta, everything sesame seed mix + orange-honey vinaigrette
- Duck Rillette Salad: duck rillette, pickled cherries, maple-mesquite walnuts, chevre, orange-honey vinaigrette
- Farro Salad: farro, roasted carrots, dates, essex feta, toasted walnuts, cilantro
- Kale + Hazelnut Pesto Pasta Salad: kale, hazelnuts, preserved lemon, parmigiano reggiano, martelli fusilli
- Roast Carrot Quinoa Salad with Pistachio Pistou: roasted carrots, quinoa, dill, lemon, olive oil, pistachios, green onions
- Tuna Salad: island trollers line caught albacore tuna, cornichons, olive oil, aioli
Sweets and Treats: Baked in house, the perfect bite to finish your meal! We always have our house Lavender Butter Cookies, Marcona Almond Butter Cookies, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, and often a few other things hiding should a sweet tooth appear.